Tragedy Averted

Yesterday morning Nosikari was cooking corn meal gruel for her children gathered around the fire. A loose branch holding the roof in place fell into the fire and ignited. Before she could properly react a wall had caught fire. Nosikari wasted no time in gathering up her two small children and fleeing from the burning house. Cooking pots, sleeping skins, blankets and some personal stuff were lost in the fire, but no one was hurt.

Cooking over an open fire in the middle of a house often causes tragedy. Small children, playing by the fire, frequently overturn pots filled with boiling liquid and are badly burned.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *