web analytics

Expired Med Tragedy

Last week a cow became sick at a Maasai village in our area. The owner of the animal went to the shops to look for medicine. The only thing available was a small vial of medicine for injection and he bought it, took the vial home and injected his cow that straightaway died. As is normal in such circumstances, they slaughtered the cow and ate the meat distributing portions to friends and neighbors. Eight five men women and children promptly became deathly sick and were take to our local hospital in Endulen. Most remain there in critical condition. It turns out that they injected the cow with medicine that had expired ten years ago. I don’t know what the medicine was but it turned out to be poison for the cow and for the people that ate the meat.

One Response to “Expired Med Tragedy”

  1. Barbara on 13/04/2018 #

    That is awful! I hope they recover :(

Add your Comment